This site is published by the Syndicat Intercommunal d’Aménagement du Chablais — Chablais UNESCO Global Geopark
Address: 2 Av. des Allobroges BP33 74200 Thonon-les-Bains Cedex FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 50 04 24 24
Publication Director: Sophie Justice
Design and development: La Bonne Agence
The SIAC is responsible for processing the data collected by the www.geoparc-chablais.com website.
Users are informed that in accordance with Article 32 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 as amended, any information entered in the forms on the www.geoparc-chablais.com website is needed to respond to their request and is used by the department that processes this request to respond to the request.
The information collected on this website will be stored for a period of three years.
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 39 and 40 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended in 2004, users have the right to access, rectify, update and delete information about them. Users may exercise this right by sending an email to , or a letter to SIAC, 2 Av. des Allobroges, BP33 74200 Thonon Cedex FRANCE, with “Data subject’s rights” in the subject line, along with a copy of their identity papers.
In accordance with the provisions of Article 38 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended in 2004, users may, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of their data. They may also, without reason and without being charged, object to the use of their data for commercial purposes.
Users are informed that cookies are automatically installed in their browser software when they visit the www.geoparc-chablais.com site.
Cookie acceptance is valid for 13 months. At the end of this period, consent will once again be required for optimal use of the www.geoparc-chablais.com site.
Users have the right to access, withdraw, and modify personal data shared through cookies under the conditions described above.
The SIAC is a joint local planning authority established in France. As such, we comply with French and European legislation on the protection of personal data.
Personal data processed
Personal data refers to data that identifies you. We may process the following types of personal data concerning you:
- Your contact information including your first and last name and email address;
- User information, if you log onto our service or visit our website. This information may include your IP address, device type and browser used, time zone, location, and your interests and preferences when interacting with our services, such as features used and buttons clicked;
- Other information that we receive through your contact.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer our services based on the applicable terms and conditions;
- To manage our business relationship with you and the current or potential SIAC client that you represent;
- To develop and improve our services.
We are required to process specific, relevant, and necessary personal data based on legitimate reasons. It is within your rights to monitor us.
Change the settings on your browser to prevent or limit the storage of cookies on your device:
Mozilla Firefox :
- On the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu and choose Options;
- Click the Privacy tab;
- Under History, go to the drop-down menu beside “Firefox will” and select “Use custom settings for history”;
- Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites”;
- Click OK to close the “Options” window.
Internet Explorer :
- Click on the Tools button, then Internet Options;
- Click on the Privacy tab;
- Under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, then click OK.
- Click the Chrome menu on the right side of the browser toolbar;
- Choose Settings;
- Click “Show Advanced Settings”;
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button;
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change the following settings:
- Delete cookies;
- Block cookies by default;
- Allow cookies by default;
- Clear cookies and site data by default when you quit Chrome;
- Set exceptions for cookies from certain websites or domain names.
- Go to Safari > Preferences, then click on the “Security” (or “Privacy”) tab;
- In the “Cookies and website use” section, choose one of the options provided.
- Choose the File menu > Preferences > Advanced Preferences;
- Go to “Cookie preferences”;
- Choose the setting that suits you.
If your browser is not in the list, go directly to its website for instructions.